The Internal Audit Unit is the Company’s work unit that performs internal audits, as mandated by Law No. 11 of 2003 concerning State-Owned Enterprises, and Minister of StateOwned Enterprises Regulation No. PER.01/MBU/2011 year 2011 concerning the Implementation of Good Corporate Governance in State-Owned Enterprises, as renewed by Minister of State-Owned Enterprises Regulation No. PER-09/ MBU/2012 dated July 6, 2012 concerning Amendment to Minister of State-Owned Enterprises Regulation Number PER01/MBU/2011 concerning Implementation of Good Corporate Governance in State Owned Enterprises.
INTERNAL AUDIT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Internal Audit duties and responsibilities include:
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and corporate governance.
- Preparing a risk-based audit program and submitting it to the Board of Commissioners, also to the Audit Committee for consideration and suggestions.
- Implementing the Annual Audit Work Program approved by the President Director and Work Program to be communicated to the Board of Directors and Board of Commissioners, also to the Audit Committee.
- Maintaining auditor professionalism by providing sufficient knowledge, skills and experience, as well as the necessary certifications.
- Providing recommendations and information about the activities examined on all work units within PT Pelabuhan Indonesia II (Persero).
- Reporting the Audit results to the President Director and Board of Commissioners.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting the audit recommendations follow-up results.
- Conducting special investigations or audits of fraud induced activities, and reporting the results of such investigations to the President Director and the Board of Commissioners.
- Conducting coordination meetings periodically with the Audit Committee.
- Creating an assessment program to evaluate the quality of the audit performed.
- Coordinating with external audit.
- Implementing Probity Audit of certain objects on the orders of the President Director.
- Conducting follow-up monitoring of audit findings by internal and external auditors and reporting results to the President Director with copies submitted to the Board of Commissioners, particularly the Audit Committee.